There are several types of scaffolding in Sydney that are used for different types of construction. Knowledge about these types of scaffolding will make it easier for individuals to choose the scaffolding necessary for structures they are planning to build.
Types of Scaffolding
- Single Scaffolding – Single scaffolding supplies is a basic type of scaffolding used by scaffolding hire companies. They are normally used when the work involves brick masonry. These scaffoldings use putlogs and ledgers that are connected to the wall of the structure. It is necessary to ensure all the requirements are met before the scaffolding is set up.
- Double Scaffolding – Double scaffolding is normally used in construction projects that involve stone masonry. Since it is not easy to make holes in stone walls to support putlogs, another scaffold is set up to provide a stable structure where workers can perform their tasks safely. This type of scaffolding is also known as Independent Scaffolding.
- Steel Scaffolding – These are types of scaffolding made of steel tubes and set using couplers. These types of scaffolding are easy to assemble and disassemble. While they may cost more than the other types of scaffolding, there offer numerous benefits to its users. They are normally used in the construction of buildings with multiple floors.
- Suspended Scaffolding – Suspended scaffolding is normally used for painting work since it can be easily adjusted. The length of these scaffolding is also adjustable. Aside from painting work, these types of scaffolding are also used in repair work. They are made of chains or ropes tied to platforms and are suspended from the roof. Its height is adjusted based on the needs of the construction work.
- Trestle Scaffolding – Trestle scaffoldings are supported movable ladders with a tripod design. These scaffoldings are normally used for indoor work, which means they are mainly used for painting or repair work. Since these scaffolding are used indoors, their height is limited to five meters.
- Cantilever Scaffolding – Cantilever scaffolding may not be normally used by indoor scaffolding hire companies. They should be checked properly before they are installed. Chains of needles are used to support the ledgers of this scaffolding system. A variation of this system uses needles supported by the floors rather than sticking out of the wall.
Scaffolding work is considered hazardous, which makes it necessary for companies offering scaffolding services to meet the rules and regulations set by local and federal agencies. Due to this, companies offering these services should have employees with suitable skills and licenses to ensure the safety of workers is not compromised during the construction of a building. For more information for yout type of scaffolding requirement Visit Crown Scaffolding Today !